Friday, August 28, 2009

WRESTLING WITH JESUS


by Rev. Johnny Lee Clary



1 Peter 5:7 Throw all your worry on him, because he cares for you.

Jesus tells us that if we take our worries and things that stress us out and give it to Him, He will take care of it. Jesus has your back. It sort of reminds me of my old professional wrestling days, when I was in a tag team match. I liked tag team matches because you had a partner if you were lucky who had your back. If you started getting tired, you just tagged your partner and he would take over for awhile. Of course I was a heel (villain) in the business so a tag team partner came in handy with double teaming to.

I want you to see life as a wrestling match with Jesus as your tag team partner. First you set out to do the job God has called you or placed you in to do. Then when things get tiring or a little rough, tag in Jesus by casting your cares on Him and He will relieve you of the burden.

Another thing about the wrestling days, was we created a gang in wrestling called “The Brat Pack,” which consisted of myself, Bill Ash, my brother Buddy Savage, and my wife Melissa, (Miss Becky Starr) and a few others that came and went over the years. We had a motto, “Mess with one of us and you mess with all of us.” We held to this both in and out of the ring. Whenever I had a problem with someone for instance, my brother Buddy Savage (Terry Clary) would step up and get in the guy’s faces and say, “If there’s a problem, I’ll take care of it!” Whenever it looked like I might be in danger of losing my title, the rest of the Brat Pack would interfere so I could keep my belt. As a result, I retired as champion!

You need to know that no matter how many are coming after you, like the Brat Pack, Jesus is right there in the faces of your adversaries and saying, “If there’s a problem, I’ll take care of it.” I am that way even today with my close friends. I remember my late friend Rosie from Tulsa, a couple of years before she died, called me because some lawyer at her job where she worked as a receptionist, was sexually harassing her and making her feel very uncomfortable. I remember going to visit her on the job and she introduced me to him as her brother ( which was true because I was her brother in Christ) and I got right up in his face and said, “If there’s a problem, I’ll take care of it!” He never bothered Rosie again.

You need to use that same faith and realize that when Satan is attacking you, just call upon Jesus and he will get up in the Devil’s face and say, “If there’s a problem, I’ll take care of it.”

Jesus said that we should come to Him. This is because He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that no man can go the Father except through Him.(John 14:6) “The name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run into it and they are safe.” (Proverbs 18:10)



Rev. Johnny Lee Clary is one of the leading advocates for racial unity in the United States and has appeared on countless television and radio shows such as The Billy Graham Radio show, Fox News, Morris Cerullo, Oprah, Morton Downey Jr., Rolanda Watts, Geraldo, Sally Jesse Raphael, Jerry Springer, Ricki Lake, Queen Latifah, Montel Williams, Phil Donahue, A&E Investigative Reports, ABC World News Tonight, Bertrice Berry, The Today Show, A Current Affair, The 700 Club, and Kenneth Copeland's TV show. He has also been a regular guest on TBN's Praise The Lord show and has been featured in America's top newspapers and magazines, including a seven page feature story in Charisma magazine in April 1999, Moody Magazine, Guidepost Magazine (Sept. 1998), Kenneth Copeland's Believer's Voice of Victory magazine, as well as appearances on TV programs in Australia, England, Holland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Sweden, and Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment